Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Cheapo Tips for Taiwan Trip Planning


Planning my Xth time trip to Taiwan in September 2013. Will be exploring areas that I never been – Will start my trip from Taipei > Taichung > Kenting > Kaohsiung > Taoyuan airport

Last few times done most of the tourist stuff already. I like Taiwan very much, maybe can consider to retire there, people are friendly, food is affordable and there is no language barrier.

It helps to plan the trip early, it saves money.

I have booked the bullet train tickets online via http://www.thsrc.com.tw/en/


 
From Taipei to Taichung (Train number 1125) - Depart 9.12am and arrive 10.01am – 10% discount – TWD 630

From Zuoying which is Kaohsiung - Depart 10.00am and arrive 11.38am – 35% discount – TWD 860

 


Hotels, there are early bird specials as well. Thanks to a Taiwanese friend, he booked the hotel with rates that are only offered to residents.  He recommended this website for our research - http://www.eztravel.com.tw/ but this site is all in Chinese. My Mandarin Powder..hmm.... - out of 10 words, 5.5 words know me and I dont know them.



Air ticket, booked in February 2013 for this trip in September – cost only $216 NETT (excludes check-in luggage). Tiger airways and Jetstar timing good and Scoot is worst, their timing sucks.

I seldom book flights that depart or arrive at odd hours. Taxi fare in Singapore is super expensive and I stayed in the wild wild west. I can buy an air ticket to KL with that amount.

 

In Summary, book early , plan early and it helps to have local friends!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment