Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Bali Holiday Aug 2013



My first time since the launch of budget airlines, that I took SQ. It should be normal that I am impressed. With budget airlines, no one will bother about me. In a way, it is good as I normally automatically will fall asleep.

With SQ, there are food, hot towels and in-flight entertainment. I have no time to sleep for this 2.5 hours flight. AND I am not complaining.  



This is my 3rd time to Bali and the most relaxing trip ever. Spent most of my time at Sheraton, Kuta http://www.sheratonbalikuta.com/

Not very expensive, considering they are having promotion and twin sharing room can comfortably sleep up to 4 people.

 




The toilet is so big that can fit a hobbit family of 4!!


Breakfast is very nice as well. Since I have already tried most of the local dishes, I shall eat more and skip lunch! Cheapo..haha









The best experience for this trip, I must say it is the Sunset Gathering at Sheraton 5pm to 7pm. It cost $149K++, included wine tasting and finger food. With DJ spinning, the beautiful view and a little high from the wines……Heavenly!!



 





Going slow and relax for this trip. A friend recommended Dreamland beach, it located at NEW Kuta (nearer to Uluwatu) and it is NOT near the normal Kuta, where my hotel is. We took a cab and it took about 1 hour to reach there. The beach is more for surfers, and if you don’t surf don’t waste the effort and money. Cab fare on meter, is about $150k and driver wait for us for 2 hours while we relax on the beach at $30k extra per hour.
 



 




 

For the last day, I decided to just chill by the Kuta beach which is just in front of my hotel. It is nice, if not the Hawkers!! It is super super super terrible. They will act as very pitiful and like crows they will just eat you up! Warning, if do not want to be disturb – do not buy anything from ANYONE of them. A big mistake that I did is that I rejected a few hawker in front and more hawkers asking me to buy things. I thought that just get it over with, I buy something from the next hawker. What a huge mistake, all the hawkers in front rush up to me and ask me why I didn’t buy from them and keep pestering me. I cant stand it, I really just want to relax and drive my beer!

WARNING!~ Do not need to be friendly with them! They are just acting. They may earn more than you or me!
 
When I started to fall in love with Bali, the hawkers slap me awake! Overall, I still prefer Thailand and if i ever go Bali again - I will just enjoy the villa or resort. 
 
Bali everything also expensive, mostly tourists pricing.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment